2023-2024 Harrison SC Travel Tryout Information
Harrison SC Travel Teams
Harrison Travel soccer is dedicated to player development, healthy competition, and, above all, fun! All children born in 2016- 2010 looking for a more structured program are encouraged to register. Older players (2009 and below, as well as players entering high school) should reach out to the boys and girls travel coordinators for current teams within the older age groups.
Harrison SC 2023-24 travel tryouts. Tryouts will be held the weekend of April 15 & 16 and the week of April 17th. Players are required to attend at least one of the two tryouts within their age group. They can attend both if they wish and their highest rating will be used for their evaluation (not averaged). If they do not attend either, players are not eligible for the “A” Team and will only be placed on a team if a roster spot is available. Harrison SC coaches will be conducting all tryouts and evaluating all the boys and girls for each age group. Both tryout sessions will be run the same way and the same criteria will be used. The tryout will consist of various technical skills activities and small-sided game play.
Harrison SC 2023-2024 Travel Soccer Field Evaluation Schedule:
2016 Boys: Saturday April 15 11am-12:15p; Thursday April 20 5:30p–6:45p
2015 Boys: Saturday April 15 12:15p-1:30p; Wednesday April 19 5:30p-6:45p
2014 Boys: Saturday April 15 8am-9:15am; Monday April 17 5:30p-6:45p
2013 Boys: Saturday April 15 9:30am- 10:45am; Monday April 17 Boys 7p-8:15p
2012 Boys: Saturday April 15 8am-9:15am; Thursday April 20 7:15p-8:30p
2011 Boys: Saturday April 15 11am-12:15p; Wednesday April 19 7p-8:15p
2010 Boys: Saturday April 15 9:30am- 10:45am; Tuesday April 18 7p-8:15p
2016 Girls: Sunday April 16n12:15pm -1:15pm; Thursday April 20 5:30p-6:30p
2015 Girls: Sunday April 16 11am-12:15pm; Thursday April 20 7p-8:15p
2014 Girls: Sunday April 16 12:15pm -1:30pm; Monday April 17 Girls 5:45p-7p
2013 Girls: Sunday April 16 8am-9:15am; Wednesday April 19 5:45p-7p
2012 Girls: Sunday April 16 9:30am-10:45am; Tuesday April 18 7p-8:15p
2011 Girls: Sunday April 16 8am-9:15am; Monday April 17 7p-8:15p
2010 Girls: Sunday April 16 9:30am-10:45am; Tuesday April 18 5:30p-6:45p
In the event of inclement weather during one of the above tryouts dates, we may reschedule to the week of Aoril 24.
Should we need to postpone due to weather you would be notified as soon as possible via email.
- HSC Head Coaches and their assistants within the age group will conduct the tryouts.
- Players need only attend one tryout if only trying out in their birth year.
- If a player attends both tryouts within their birth year, their best score will be used.
- Registration for tryouts closes April 13, 2023
- If you do not preregister an additional nonrefundable walk up tryout fee will be applied, additional $10 fee
- If a player is offered and accepts a spot on a Harrison SC roster, a remaining registration fee of $130 will be due
- This registration fee includes funding for a team trainer. It does not include a uniform.
- We are starting a second year of our 2 year uniform cycle, new players will need to purchase a new kit.
- Times above are subject to change; registration numbers may dictate a change.
Please read below carefully on HSC Tryout Guidelines (mandated by USSF* and NJYS*) so you know how to correctly register your child.
2016 Boys & Girls: The only birth year eligible is 2016 (no 2017 players will be allowed). 2016 players will not be allowed to play up one year.
2015-2010 Boys & Girls: All incoming 2015-2010 players in Fall 2023, are eligible to play up ONE calendar birth year age group. However, it will be required that:
(1) the player MUST attend at least one tryout in his/her calendar birth year age group. Failing to attend one tryout in the player’s birth year age group will result in that player being placed on the lowest rated team in their age group, as long as a roster spot is available.
(2) He/she may attend a second tryout for the age group that is ONE calendar birth year older. Players registering for more than one age group are doing so with the knowledge that the club will place them according to their tryout results. If a player chooses to tryout for an older age group, he/she will be placed on the highest rated team they scored on with the older age team being the tie-breaker. For example, if a 2011 player rates on both the 2011 and 2010 “A” teams, that player will be placed on the 2010 “A” team. However, if a player rates on the 2011 “A” team and the 2010 “B” team, that player will be placed on the 2011 “A” team. As in years past, teams are formed based on tryout ratings and those decisions are final. It is not a player’s choice which team they will be placed on. As a township soccer club our primary focus is making sure as many young travel players as possible have a team in Harrison SC to play for and they are placed according to their current ability.
(3) If you intend on having your child tryout to play up one calendar year when asked during registering: Will the player be attending tryouts in birth year +1? select yes